Thursday, December 12, 2013

Guild "Sew a Thon" top

Last month our guild meeting was a "sew a thon".  We were in teams working on one quilt.  At the end of the evening one team member won what we were able to put together in that time period.  I didn't win that evening, but liked the pattern so I went home and made my own.

The pattern uses 2 1/2 inch strips.  I have several sets (they seem to keep multiplying like rabbits) so I went home that night and selected strips from a friendship circle exchange.  Of course I still ended up cutting more to make a pleasing arrangement.  The next day I had the center complete and even had a border fabric in my stash.  I wanted to have it done by the next guild meeting, but oh well . . .  I added the borders before Tuesday's guild meeting.  Last stitch at 5:50 p.m., left for meeting at 6:00 p.m. 


I can't quilt it right now.  I'm trying to keep up with Bonnie Hunter's 2013 mystery (http://quiltville.blogspot.com/p/celtic-solstice-mystery.html) and I need to get my family Christmas ornaments done. (Actually I need to START!)

Thanks for looking.

1 comment: