Thursday, February 26, 2015

A new skill developing - using a long arm machine

We have a local business that has long arm machines for rent.  I took the certification class 10 days ago and had my first rental today.  My eyes were too big.  I took in two baby quilts and had another as a back up.  Three hours later I finished the first quilt.  It was fun, but I had to keep reminding myself to relax and flow.  The process is very different from moving fabric under the needle, but I found the swirls fairly easy to handle.  I'm a long way from tackling feathers on this machine.  I relied on the stitch regulator to keep the stitches even.  I did a little ruler work.  Stitching in the ditch with a ruler is much easier when the thread blends in with both fabrics!

I even added some words.

All in all it was a good day.  I had fun and worked on a new skill.

Thanks for checking in.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun. I always wondered if long arm machine quilting was a lot faster than working on a home machine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing.