Saturday, November 26, 2016

Sewing on a rainy Saturday and cutting for En Provence Mystery

Yesterday Bonnie Hunter posted the first clue on her En Provence Mystery.  I immediately cut out my strips to make 221 four-patch units.

I sewed a few strips together using a quarter-inch foot with guide.  I usually
don't use that foot, but thought it would make sewing the strips easier.  It did.
I made up 10 of the 221 units I will need.  My neutrals are white with black.

However, I have to do things in order.  I needed a small "thank you" gift for our guild meeting Monday night.  I couldn't make a decision, but finally settled on small pin cushions.  I have one that I keep on my sewing machine and like having it there.  It's small and stays out of the way.

The base is supposed to be a tea light holder.  These are a bit larger, but it's
what I could get at my local $1 store.  The cushion part is about 2 in across.
Thanks for checking in.

1 comment:

  1. Adorable pin cushions. Can't believe you just whipped those up. I'm still not done with my 4-patches either. I have the strips subcut and now I just need to put them together and twist.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing.