Wednesday, November 21, 2018

One Baby Quilt: check!

I just finished the second of two baby quilts for two great-nieces born this summer.  This one will be delivered tomorrow - Thanksgiving.  I might have to lay it out during lunch so it can finish drying!!

The pattern was Cosmo from Angles With Ease by Anka's Treasures.  Although it looks difficult, it is really easy to construct with her special ruler.

56 x 56 inches
I'm working on using rulers to quilt.  I'm just not ready
for it to be very visible.  Ruler work is in the gray border
and the gray diamond shaped pieces in the block.



This one is actually from a year ago. It was the Travel challenge for Material Girls.  I had forgotten the quilt and found it mixed in with some other "ready to quilt" quilts.  I finished it in September and gave it to a friend who loves old cars and license plates.  She wasn't expecting it and was thrilled.  It's all part of my "finish it and get it out of the house" mantra.  I'm  making  s..l..o..w progress.

I forgot to take a photo, so this is off a friend's blog. That's why its not very clear.
I traced the individual states using a map and tried to quilt the state borders.
It didn't turn out as I saw it in my head, but it is finished!
Thanks for checking in.
Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. Finishing things is good. I'm not so good at getting them out of the house.
    Happy Thanksgiving my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing.