Saturday, May 4, 2019

Sizzle and Tush Cush

I just returned from a four day quilting retreat in the mountains.  It was a small group, but we had a relaxing time AND got a lot accomplished.

I am all caught up on my Sizzle blocks.  I could not download block 5 until I got home, but I finished it today . . . . Yea!!!


All 5 blocks.  Each is 20 inches square.

Block 5. Finished today.

Block 4.  You were supposed to inset the center circle, but
I wanted to make sure it matched, so I will be using applique!
(Basically I chickened out.)

Block 3.  I have a hard time selecting which fabrics to use.

Block 1.

Block 2

Last month I took a guild workshop with Becky McDaniel.  We made her Crazy Cushion, which another guild member has renamed "Tush Cush".  Becky will be at another of my guilds next week so I wanted to have mine done.  I got it all put together at the retreat.


I'm not sure why the photo rotated back to its original position???

The pattern calls for "big stitch" quilting with pearl cotton.
I chose to do it by machine with contrasting thread.

I almost finished piecing my Halo Medallion, but I'll post that later.  I forgot to take the fabric to make the corner stones.

Thanks for checking in.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you got a lot accomplished at your retreat, even if you weren't feeling 100%. Glad you got home safely and are busy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are really getting the blocks done! They look great. Love the pillow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing.