Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

I've been enjoying an early holiday season by sitting at my machine and quilting!  I finished another quilt shown below.  I haven't started my Christmas ornaments, mainly because I can't decide on this year's design.  Too many ideas floating around in my head!


Using wool batt creates a
trapunto effect.


 Last weekend I was at our monthly Friday night sew . . . and didn't even get my machine out of it's case.  Several friends and I spent time using a die cutter to cut out Christmas trees and wreaths.  Of course I spent a lot of time figuring out a way to cut all the needed pieces using the least amount of fabric.  I finished one of my trees, shown below.



I had fun quilting this.  Meandering
feathers with a few "snowflakes" included.
I need more lessons on how to arrange photos in the post.  They never seem to stay where I want them.


Enjoy time with family and friends over Thanksgiving.  Take time to realize all you have to be thankful for and say "Thank you" to someone.

Thank you for looking.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your math to figuring out how to best use our fused pieces efficiently. I still haven't done anything with mine but I will. Love the quilting in your wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You've been busy. I love the quilting. I'm looking forward to seeing you at the Material Girls Party.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing.