Thursday, February 27, 2014

Celtic Solstice Top complete

I finished the top of my Celtic Solstice Mystery with Bonnie Hunter.  I orginally planned to add a border with my "focus" fabric, but at a retreat last weekend, we all agreed the border would detract from the quilt.  I'll probably put the fabric on the back to show the source for the color selection.

http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2014/02/celtic-solstice-mystery-link-up-finale.html

This was my first Bonnie Hunter mystery.  I'm definitely on board for next year's design.  It is fun to do with friends, but it's fun to share with quilters worldwide!

Thanks for checking.



This is the fabric I used to select colors.
 

5 comments:

  1. So much prettier in real life - the dark background color looks black on my monitor but I know it's a beautiful brown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am a friend of Barb's and have been intrigued as I watched several quilters tackle this pattern. Your final border decision looks greater. Really sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Now to get it quilted! It was suggested to use wool batt and quilt in the ditch so as not to detract from the piecing.

      Delete
  3. I love love love your Quilt! I have mine done too. I need to get on the ball and show a post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you do need to post! I saw a pic from Barbara. I really liked your border and how you rearranged pieces to get the star. I already had my inside complete before I saw that idea.

      Delete