Sunday, April 27, 2014

'15' design

I'm exicted about my latest project.  During my session at Empty Spools with Sue Nickels, Sue talked us through her process of designing quilting patterns.  She is starting a series of alphabet designs.  I took her idea and designed a '15' for a guild challenge.  It was fun to draw it up and I'm pleased with the result.
An original design.  I drew all the feathers and rope border.


Here's my latest.  I sewed the binding while visiting with friends yesterday.  In fact, I finished the binding on two other quilts as well.  It was a fun afternoon.  Several friends came over with hand work - including embroidery and beading bracelets.  We visited while we worked on our projects and had lunch.   It was such a good time they stayed for dinner (leftovers) before they headed home.  It was quite a drive for them so I'm thankful they were willing to make the trip. 


I need more quilting in the border geese, but the fabric
is so busy it won't show.  I can't decide what to do.

Can you see the extra geese in the corners?
 
I wanted to make the fill quilting look like
a party.  There are streamers and loops.

Thanks for checking in.  Can you believe it's May 1 next Thursday.  We're 1/3 of the way through 2014.  I'd better get busy on my UFO challenge for my guild.  I don't want to walk the "walk of shame"!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting us. A great day and you are worth the drive! Good luck with the challenges. I think you should do a little something in the flying geese blocks to keep the density of the quilting the same throughout the quilt. But that's just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a great time too! You're quilts are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing.