Sunday, May 4, 2014

Heart of the Valley Shop Hop

Friday and Saturday I traveled the central valley of California to participate in the Heart of the Valley Shop Hop with two friends.  It was our usual 1 1/2 days of visiting quilt shops and having a great time in the car between stops.
Each shop gives a gift to participants along with a pattern.

I didn't have a theme for purchases this year.  That always helps me to focus
quickly when we enter each shop.  This year I just wandered around.  I found
a few kits on sale but also purchases a machine embroidery design and two new
rulers:  Bloc-Loc which will be very helpful with 1/2 square triangles and Quick
Curve Ruler to use with a pattern I purchased.

The same group will be traveling the Central Coast (California) Shop Hop in 4 weeks.  If you haven't participated in a shop hop, find one in your area, get a group of friends together, and GO.  They are fun!

When I got home Saturday evening I pinned my Celtic Solstice mystery.  I meant to start the ditch quilting today, but our local hardware store had a sale in their garden section so I had to plant my purchases.  My eyes were bigger than my flower beds.  I still have two pony packs to put somewhere.

Thanks for checking in.

3 comments:

  1. It looks like you got some great stuff. I hope you get that ruler figured out. Because I had a difficult time piecing the blocks together. Maybe you can show me the correct way to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to the coastal hop! It's fun to see the pictures of what you got, I forgot you bought all those kits. Awesome fun! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you found some great buys!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing.