Friday, March 13, 2015

Melinda Bula finish

Don't get too excited - I haven't finished my rose!  (But I'm getting closer.)

I took a two day class with Melinda last fall.  Rather than make the detailed design everyone else made, I put together a simple top so I could work on Renegade Thread Play instead.  With Melinda's guidance I finished the flowers in class, but just recently finished the background and border.  I actually have to sew down the facing, but it is attached.
26 x 19 inches

Detail of the flower.  Notice the little swirl between the leaf and the flower.  

The border design is a free-form leaf.
The background had echo quilting and fill feathers.
For my label I stitched my name, city, and year in the fabric I used for the facing.  It was very easy to set up with the Destiny.  It's a font in the regular stitches, not the embroidery unit.

Thanks for checking in.

Happy Friday the 13th.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great Janice. You have been finishing some things lately. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete