Saturday, July 4, 2015

Independence Day sewing

Today I spent time at my machine catching up on BOM for one of my guilds.  This year the person in charge allowed us to select one block, then each month she gives us a color and we make our block in that color.  When I finally picked the block I wanted to use I cut out several anticipating colors that would probably be used during the year.  The following months I just cut "kits" rather than sewing only one block each month.  Today I sewed 6 blocks together.  (Actually 4 complete blocks and two half done blocks.)  It's supposed to be secret, but I don't know of any guild members who read my blog so I think I'm OK.  Here's what I have so far.

The upper left is very dark blue.  The brown was one of
the early blocks.  The square around the center does not
"pulse" like some of the others.  I don't know yet if I'll add
sashing strips or put it together like this.  We still have 5 months.

The green and gray are not finished.  I decided I didn't like the center square.

The block is called "Supernova".  17 1/2 inches.



Thanks for checking in.

Happy 4th of July!

1 comment:

  1. Your colors on some really have that transparancy look - because of your fabrics choices. It's coming out great. Big blocks make big quilts which I love. Are you able to use a lot of your scraps for this? Or have you had to buy a lot of fabrics?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing.