Wednesday, September 16, 2015

BOM BJ's Quilt Basket

I've been working on a BOM from BJ's Quilt Basket in Bend, OR.  I've actually done fairly well keeping up.  If I lived near Bend the participants meet the first Saturday of each month for show and tell.  It's impossible for me to attend but the shop mails my instructions and fabric each month.  It's not a mystery.  I just liked the pattern and decided to participate.  So where am I? . . . . I finished the August blocks last week and received September blocks this month.  I already have September done!!  Yea for me!  

I have to admit I'm still behind.  The February block was applique.  I wanted to wait until after my Philippa Naylor Empty Spools class thinking I would use techniques learned in her class.  I've gotten started, but I have quite a way to go.  There are four small applique blocks in the body of the quilt,  BUT the border has LOTS of applique.


"Timeless Tradition"
http://www.bjsquiltbasket.com/BOM.html

August blocks.
Each month we've made one 12-inch and two 6-inch blocks.

September blocks.
Since there are only 3 blocks each month, I'm concentrating on accurate piecing.

One of four applique blocks.  I can't decide whether to make the flowers
match in each block or do a variety.  The pattern calls for four different
flowers in four different colors.
I'm still working on the BOM from Fat Quarter Shop.  I'm keeping up with it as well.  I'll post an update when I finish the September sections.

Thanks for checking in.

2 comments:

  1. I like your color choices. BOMs are great because it keeps us moving forward. Right now I'm in a dry spell; but see, I have no BOM to work on. Keep going - it's lookin' good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love this pattern too. I like the flowers all the same color :). Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing.