Monday, September 11, 2017

TQS Block of the Month and two finishes

I'm back.

Friends and I are participating in the Block of the Month program through "The Quilt Show".  I got REALLY far behind, but have spent the past few weeks playing catch up.  Last Friday I finished up through September!  What a relief.

Finished size is 87 x 87.  I want to figure out an additional border to make it at least 90 x 90.
That's a better size for my bed.  The last border is Delectable Mountains, which is quite large.
I'm thinking I need to add the extra border now and end with DM.  Another half-square triangle??

Even though I haven't posted, I've been busy at my machine.  Following are some of the projects I've completed.

My sister requested a tree skirt with a snowman theme.  This was a pre-fused
kit from Shabby Fabrics - but it was a table runner.  I pushed out the edges
to make it round.  That proved to be much more difficult than I anticipated.
I spent three days just moving stuff around.  Of course, I added lots of crystals.
I stitched around every one of those tiny (!) pieces.
I'm excited that I finished this before Christmas.
This is my finished product from Gwen Marston's class last summer.
Everyone kept saying "just quilt lines"  but I couldn't get started.  I
was truly blocked.  I finally quilted the Baptist Fan design, but used
rulers with my domestic machine.  I've been collecting the rulers -
now I need to use them.  Good practice.


Six friends and I went to the outdoor quilt show in Sisters, Oregon, this past July.  I was downtown very early to watch them hang the show.  The firemen drew quite a crowd.  They only hung quilts on this one wall, but there were over 1400 quilts throughout the town for that one day.  


My hiatus in blogging started when I lost my camera (April?).  It's in the house somewhere, but it hasn't turned up.  I held off for several months, not wanting to buy another camera.  I finally borrowed one from a sister.  I'm still waiting for that camera to jump out of a container somewhere.

Thanks for checking in.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back. I'm loving your Quilt show BOM. After seeing your top and Dianes, who used different fabrics, I wish I took the time to do that too. I still like mine - but I love both of yours. And that tree skirt- your sister is very lucky. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Janice!!! Good to see you at retreat. That snowman tree skirt is even more beautiful in person. Can you download pics from your phone to the 'puter? Happy quilting. In Stitches, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, adding another boerder to your quilt? Awesome, and yes HST would work

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing.