Sunday, September 24, 2017

Two finishes and two ready to quilt

A friend came to visit and we spent three days sewing.  I got a lot done!

This is for my newest great-nephew born January 1 2017.  I actually have it quilted and bound. I hadn't even decided on the pattern, but Anna had good suggestions.   The size was determined by the amount of border fabric I had purchased.  I just did the math!!  This gets a stack of fabric off the table and the left overs put away.

50 x 50 inches
 
We had both purchased a kit for this pin cushion and decided to work on them together.  I had to use a BIG button to cover up the hole where all the pieced came together.  This qualifies as a UFO for my guild since I bought the kit 1 1/2 years ago.  And . . . . I got a small box out of the studio.  Now I have a pretty cushion instead of a clear box.

I started the truck in a collage class, however I like the truck so well I didn't want to cover it with flowers.  (Laura Heine pattern)  I have the backing ready, so I just need to layer and quilt.  Not sure what I'll do, but I will add some threads to the grass and leaves.

Not sure what I'll do with the quilt.  We have a 51 (red) Chevy truck in the family.  It's been around for a really long time.  Every family member that sees the quilt wants it so maybe I'll work out a custody schedule.  I'm hoping to find ownership records.  My grandfather purchased it sometime in the late 50's or early 60's.  I'm just not sure how to do that.
44 x 44 inches

The challenge for one of my guilds is to use all solids in a quilt related item.  I kept putting it off because I couldn't come up with an idea.  While cleaning out old projects I came across a class project that I knew I would never finish.  All solid fabrics - what would happen if I cut it up??  The foundation quilting is done, now for the fun part.  This gets a large basket off the floor and all the solids are now back in my stash.
34 x 35 inches
As you can see it was a very productive week.  I'm happy to finish (well, almost - I do have two fully complete) all of these items.  I'm continuing on with "finish it and get it out of the studio".

Thanks for checking in.

1 comment:

  1. I love emptying those "to do" boxes. Awesome job on the quilts! I would want the red truck quilt too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing.