Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Seven Sisters Quilt Show

The show has come and gone.  It was a lot of work, but we put on another successful show.  The quilts were amazing as usual.  Check us out at http://www.sevensistersquiltshow.org
If the winning quilts are posted yet, they will be soon.  Next year our teacher will be Bonnie Hunter!!


I entered three quilts and had two of them judged.  I had Granddad's Truck judged at Best of the Valley, read the comments, made some changes, and entered if for judging again.  Good results!
I didn't take a close up photo, but I added some threads,
ribbon, and beads to the grass under the truck.

This quilt was awarded the NACQJ Award of Merit
(National Association of Certified Quilt Judges)
"represents excellence in design and/or workmanship"
I was VERY excited!

"13 Days of Halloween".  It received the Judges Award.

This was a hit with viewers.  One person said "I never liked Halloween
quilts, but this one made me change my mind."  Nice words!


 I entered my red whole cloth.  Since I hadn't changed anything after Best of the Valley, I didn't enter it for judging.  I did get a lot of questions about it though.
Dupioni Silk.  Wool batt.
I took a two-day class with Susan Carlson immediately after the show.  The project hasn't left the container since I got home.  I slept a lot the next three days!

Next year our show is June 28 & 29, 2019.  I'm stepping up and will be one of the co-chairs.  We always rotate a new person in and an "old" person out.  It's a two year commitment, but I'm ready!

Thanks for checking in.



2 comments:

  1. So proud of your special awards. Both well deserved. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing.