Sunday, May 24, 2020

May Finish COVID-19 #6

Yea!  Another finish!!
This is the sixth quilt finished since the shelter in place began.  Combine it with the two I finished beforehand and I've had a productive year so far.

This quilt was not on my WIP challenge with friends, because I had forgotten it.  When I took a couple of days at the very beginning of SIP to sort in my studio, I found the bag containing pieces and fabrics from a guild class I took last May.

The class was taught by a local instructor, the quick and dirty Pineapple block.  It goes together very quickly because there are not a lot of seams that need to match.  There are some and, yes, I missed quite a few of them

65 x 65 inches
.
I'm trying to incorporate some ruler work in each quilt. (I need to practice.)
The rope in the inner border was done completely free-motion. No marking.
No ruler. I'm actually excited that it turned out so well.  The corners were tricky.
When I started the quilt I used fabrics from my stash and had no recipient in mind.  As I was finishing it, I decided to gift it to my brother.  His first grandson was born last October.

It is nice to have it finished.  Now I can put the fabrics back.  Ready for the next quilt.

AND speaking of next quilts.  I got out my project from the Bonnie Hunter class last June, Emerald City.  A comment from Bonnie during class gave me the name "Midnight Hibiscus".  Tonight I finished the 1080 half square triangles.



Doesn't look like much, but they're there!

Thanks for checking in.

1 comment:

Thanks for sharing.