Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year!

I had a great December 31 and January 1 quilting with a friend.  We had two marathon sessions.  Mine continued even after she left to go home.


Vintage Rouge: I made what I thought were the
hardest blocks first.  Dresden Plate.  Plates and
all circles are machine appliqued.
I worked on two quilts.
Vintage Rouge.  A purchased kit another friend and I are both completing.  She started earlier so I'm trying to catch up.  (This is one of two BOM quilts I'm doing with friends.)



2nd BOM with friends.  Autumn theme.  First block made
to check fabric selections.  Focus fabric is also shown.


















Celtic Solstice.  Bonnie Hunter's 2013 mystery.  Bonnie released the "Big Reveal" January 1.  I had all my pieces ready so I got started putting them together.  It's going to be great!  Since I had already started working on Vintage Rouge the previous afternoon I continued working on them to get the Dresden plates completed before I started piecing the blocks for Celtic Solstice.

Celtic Solstice blocks started.

Of course all this quilting means I still have to put away Christmas china and take down the outside lights.  I also read 8 books between Christmas and New Year's.  I've almost finished the 4th book on CD I got from the library to help me sit and quilt.  It really worked.  I'll have to go in and see what else they have available.  I've downloaded some to my tablet, but I can't get the volume high enough to listen easily.

My friend makes a list of quilts she wants to work on at the beginning of each year.  I may copy her and try doing the same.  While I was looking for fabrics to use with Celtic Solstice I found several tops and/or fabric collections I would like to finish.  It might keep me sewing instead of eating!

Thanks for checking in.

2 comments:

Thanks for sharing.