Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Two more finishes (almost!)

I took a guild class with Peggy Martin, Quick Paper Piecing Feathered Star and I've been working to finish one quilt for a guild challenge.

I haven't quite finished the binding, but I'll have it ready for the next
guild meeting.  I used the floral fabric to pull my coordinates, then fussy

cut it for the center.  Rather than quilt a design in the setting triangles,
I quilted around all the black.  It needs more, but I'm not sure how
far to go.  I'm taking a class next week on Thread Painting, so I think
I'll take it with me and discuss it with the instructor.  Other than
the foundation quilting there's not much quilting in this quilt.

I introduced this quilt in my last post - but now it's quilted.

The guild challenge was to use only solids - fabric and thread.
I couldn't decide on what to do and then while cleaning/organizing
the studio, I found an old class project.  I was about to throw it away
knowing I'd never finish it when I realized - it was all solid fabrics!
Sooo ..... I cut it into half-square triangles, put with black, and
went to the design wall.  I originally planned to quilt feathers
in all the black, but decided on lines instead.  I used a stencil I had
in my drawer - equilateral triangles with fill lines.  I still need to
do the black around the center.  I held off to think about what I
wanted to do.  I'm going to add more lines.  I'm excited - this challenge
is not due until November and I'm finished!!

Thanks for checking in.

1 comment:

  1. The flowers pop out of the setting triangles by quilting just in the black. I really love that quilt. All ready for spring. And you created a very modern quilt! Glad you recycled an old project. This has been a great year for you in getting things done. So impressed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing.