Saturday, January 6, 2018

On Ringo Lake Quiltville Mystery 2017

Thanks to a friend visiting over New Year's I was able to finish my Bonnie Hunter Quiltville Mystery, "On Ringo Lake".  I only had clue 1 complete when she arrived Friday, Dec. 29, but by Tuesday when she left I was almost caught up.  It's amazing what two focused quilters can accomplish.

I changed colors:  Red, green, aqua, and black for my neutral.  I  made it square by leaving off nine blocks, then added an extra border of three-inch squares just to make binding easier. It finishes at 79 x 79 inches.  The extra nine blocks will become the center for a medallion quilt later.  We took time to play with designs before the final reveal.  All we got right was that the blocks were on point! - but it was fun to play.  I'm using one of the arrangements for the medallion.

I don't do a lot of truly scrap quilts, so I especially like doing the mysteries.  I'm excited to have the top complete.

Here's the link back to Bonnie's Website/blog.

It's fun to see all the different variations from one set of directions.

On Ringo Lake
79 x 79 inches


Extra 9 blocks . . . to be continued!


Thanks for checking in.
I'll add my Christmas quilting in a separate post.

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Your quilt turned out amazing. Love the colors and the different patterns you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you and your friend got a lot done in a short amount of time! Love your colors, so rich looking! A medallion quilt is a great idea for using up the extra blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is beautiful! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning colours, love the different spin they put on the pattern. What a great friend to finish it with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous color choices! I love your extra red square scrappy border. Congrats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are beautiful. Your colours are very striking!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing.