Sunday, January 6, 2019

Good Fortune! Bonnie Hunter Mystery 2018 Top Finished

Top finished!!  and I love the result.
I almost left off the last border because I wasn't sure it added to my quilt, but a friend suggested I keep it to bring out the violet fabrics.

This is the 2018 Mystery from Bonnie Hunter.  Quiltville.com
Started:  Friday, November 23.
Top finished:  Sunday, January 6.

Go here to see what others have done for their mystery.
https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2019/01/mystery-monday-link-up-reveal.html



I changed the direction of the half-square triangle border.

The red blends too much with the brown background, but 
that's what happens with a mystery.  You don't know the
pattern in advance so the final quilt is a surprise!

This shows the original color palette Bonnie
suggested and the fabrics I chose to use.
She used light neutrals for her background.
Thanks for checking in.

12 comments:

  1. I like your colors, on yours the last border works, doesn't seem too much as on some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your colors are really wonderful - I love the dark warm backgrounds! And wow, you're fast to have it together already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt top reminds me of a field of sunflowers. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Again! great colors. and FAST. just wow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Janice - yes, Julie in GA has it right. Looks like sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! It is so unique compared to everyone elses. Love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is one of the prettiest versions of Good Fortune. And yes, the violet border is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is beautiful. It is warm and inviting. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your quilt! The colors are absolutely perfect. The purples just really set the tone. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh! It turned out so pretty! Great job Janice!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing.