Friday, February 1, 2019

TQS Sizzle 2019 BOM

FACT:  I really don't like paper piecing.   (add some extra really's to this statement)

FACT:  I really like The Quilt Show 2019 Block of the Month - Sizzle by Becky Goldsmith
https://thequiltshow.com/

FACT:  It's paper pieced!  I decided I'd bite the bullet and participate anyway.  It's only 9 blocks (large - 20 inches) that I need to complete then the border is applique.

Here are my first two blocks.


The colors are really off in this photo.  My efforts to correct them were 
unsuccessful. The inner section is light green, the diamonds are really
 Teal. The outside points are green and yellow-gold. The yellow looking
 fabric is pretty close. This fabric appears in all of the blocks except one.
There are three shades of purple around the circles.  All of the background
for the circles is black.

I'm excited that the directions for block 2 were just released today and I already have the block done.

I recently quilted with a friend for several days.  I got a lot done; I just need to take photos to include.
Bonnie Hunter's 2017 Mystery "On Ringo Lake" is ready to bind.  The 2018 Mystery "Good Fortune" needs the borders quilted.

I'm also doing a Block of the Week, Delft Blue, with Piecing the Past Quilts.  It's appliqued, but I'm choosing to do the applique by machine.  The prep work takes just as long as hand applique, but working on the machine means I actually get it done.  I have 1 3/4 of four released blocks complete.
https://www.piecingthepastquilts.com/

Thanks for checking in.

3 comments:

  1. The colors were much better when you sent the pictures by phone. Weird how that happens. It's going to be beautiful and I truly think you have grown to love paper piecing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really thought about being part of this BOM, but did not feel up to another paper piecing project after the last one :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing.