Friday, February 8, 2019

Twirly Balls Finished!

My first finish for 2019.  Twirly Balls is complete.  (To be honest, I still have to attach a sleeve.)

I started this quilt in June 2015 during a guild workshop with Sue Garman.  Sue was teaching hand applique, but I contacted her and she graciously allowed a machine appliquer into her class.  Since the prep work is mainly the same, I learned a lot.  Watching her hand applique tiny circles was amazing - just not for me.

Sadly, Sue passed in January 2016.  Friends and I did the 2017 BOM for The Quilt Show as a tribute to Sue since it was her pattern.  Mine is not completed, but it's on my list for this year.


Twirly Balls
Pattern by Sue Garman
50 x 50 inches
The background fill came from "Fill Harmonics" by Sue Heinz
I used a ruler for the piano keys border.  I'm not giving up on ruler work!
 Thanks for checking in.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! So glad you are using and practicing with your rulers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are on a "roll" :) Love this quilt. You are really becoming the expert at machine appliqué!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing.