Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Guild Challenge / Worldwide Quilting Day

I spent the weekend of Worldwide Quilting Day working on a challenge for my guild.  The challenge is to use the "color of the year" tones (Pantone, Living Coral, and Kona, Splash) in the same quilt.

We had to use provided solid fabrics of both colors along with any other fabrics of our choice.  The quilt could be any size.

I have had mixed results with the Quick Curve Ruler so I set out to conquer the tool!!  I'm happy with the results.  I used the mini version and made one of the patterns from "Mini Wonderful Curves" by Jenny Pedigo and Helen Robinson.  I made "October Eves" last fall, but it's waiting to be quilted.  This one is first in line as it's due at guild in April.

I have the quilting ruler for both the regular and mini QCR - so that is the next challenge!

"Winter Jewels" Pattern
50 x 50 inches
I need a name!
The background is really navy blue.
Yes, the tool was a challenge, but the hardest part of the process was selecting colors and fabrics to make each block different.  This is not my usual form of piecing.  Most of the time I decide what I want, cut it all up, and start sewing.  I had a friend visiting.  Not only did she provide assistance in the selection process, but she kept me going.  I might have stopped at a table runner otherwise.

Just thought:  I could name the quilt "Konatone 2019"

Thanks for checking in.

2 comments:

  1. Great name for the quilt. Good luck with the quilting with the ruler. Glad you and Anna had a good weekend. Wish I could have been with you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing.