Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Good Fortune! Bonnie Hunter Mystery 2018 Clue 5 FINISHED

I'm thrilled!!  I originally posted that I had started Clue 5 and hoped to be back on track by New Year's Eve.  I FINISHED CLUE 5!!

Late Christmas night I decided if I had the pieces cut, I could get up this morning and just start sewing them together.  It worked.  In fact, I even have a few extra pieces.

If you're new to Bonnie Hunter's yearly mystery, check it out here:
http://quiltville.blogspot.com/p/good-fortune-mystery.html

You can see posts of where people are in the process here:
https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2018/12/mystery-monday-link-up-part-5.html

Here are my pieces.  This is the only clue I have actually completed this year.  Now to work on the others.

I was worried about having to make mirror image units,
but it turned out to be quite easily done.
My orange is more gold, my neutral is brown, and violet instead of blue.

My Christmas was a fun time with family.  Season's Greetings.

Thanks for checking in.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful units! Looking forward to seeing your final quilt with these lovely fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your colour choices, I am using a dark grey neutral with pale fabrics. Your brown looks so good with the violet and orange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I looked at your posts. I love how you "made do" with what you have.

      Delete
  3. These colors are very vibrant! Love them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing.