Friday, December 21, 2018

Ornaments 2018 FINISHED!!

It's only December 21 and my ornaments are finished and wrapped!!  I think this is a record for the earliest completion date.

Five have already been mailed.
 Next on the agenda:
A couple of years ago I started a new tradition in that I make something for the women in the family.  The first year its was a sachet bag, one year a fabric tote bag (no paper bags at stores!).  This year I decided to make pot holders.

While in Houston I purchased a Purely Gates Embroidery Design pack:  Quilting Designs 1.  I've been wanting to try some in-the-hoop quilt designs - something that looks like a normal quilt stencil.  I decided to stitich out the designs then finish them as pot holders. 

The center set does not show well.
I'm using one layer of Warm & Natural and
one layer of Insul Bright.

After the pot holders - it's Bonnie Hunter Good Fortune! time.  I need to clean up the studio from all the sewing, but that can wait!!  Sewing is more fun!

I need a quilt for a fund raiser for my neice to be held January 15.  Helping One Woman, Visalia, CA.  I can't attend, but I can help with a quilt donation for the auction part of the evening.  Most of the information is via Facebook (which I'm not part of).

Thanks for checking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing.